Tired of ads tracking and targeting you? Privacy concerns being increasingly voiced aside, targeted ads can prevent you from seeing ads that may actually be of interest to you. Or it can reveal your internet browsing habits to other people using the same computer.
As you can imagine, many people want to have more control over the ads they see online and, if possible, block certain targeted ads. In order to help in this regard; We explain how you can gain more control over online advertising on Google, Facebook and other websites.
Block or control Google ads
1. First you need a Google account. If you don’t have an account yet, you can start by creating a Google account. Then log in to your Google Account. You will see several administrative sections on the page. The first of these Privacy and personalization It bears the title. Located in this block Manage your data and privacy Click .
2. On the new page that opens, there are many options for privacy. You can look at these in more detail over time. But what we’re interested in right now is advertising, so Personalized Ads Go to the section and find the contents in this box. My Ad Center Click .
3. The Personalized Ads setting will appear On in the upper right corner of the page that opens. Turn this off. If you do this, Google will stop tracking ads for its advertising partners, or at least not as much.
4. At the bottom of the page, you will see options including various brands, topics and sectors. These are the main topics under which Google collects data about you. If you do not want to turn off the ad personalization service completely, but want to customize it for a specific sector or company, click on the title you want.
5. You can limit ad views based on Brands, Topics or Sensitive content.
Block or control Facebook ads
Facebook is another company that allows you to impose special advertising controls while browsing the internet. You can follow the steps below to block or control targeted ads on Facebook:
1. If you use Facebook, you have an account. To get started, log in to your account and look at the section in the upper right corner of the page. Here you will see a down arrow key. Click on it and from the pop-up menu Settings and privacy Follow the option. In the next step Settings Click .
2. In the Settings page that opens, look at the menu on the left and from there Ad preferences Click on the option. This will take you to the Meta Accounts Center page. On the new page that opens, in the menu on the left Ad preferences There is an option. Click on this too.
3. There are different sections on the Ad Preferences page regarding your Facebook activities and ads. You can look at all of this later, but for now Ad settings Let’s start with the part. Select this and then you will see different types of advertising information. Among them Activity information from advertising partners There is also an option.
When you click on this, you can set the setting on the page that opens to Yes or No.
4. At the same time Advertisers you see And Advertising topics You may also want to visit the sections. This allows you to block specific ad banners for a certain period of time or permanently, depending on your needs. There are many options here depending on topic or brand.
Block or control ads with an ad blocker
You will continue to see many ads while browsing the internet. Even if you follow the steps above and block ads targeting you, you may not be able to avoid seeing ads. If you want to see fewer ads, especially if you want to completely block ads from certain sources, your best option is to install ad-blocking software.
If you are using an internet browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox, there are many different ad blocking plug-ins for them. AdBlock is one of the most popular extensions that Chrome users can use. You can install this plug-in on the Chrome internet browser by following this link.
It only takes a few minutes to install ad-blocking software, and with it you can prevent all kinds of ads from appearing in your internet browser. Depending on the software you use, white lists of different software may be wider.
Whichever ad blocking software you choose, you can create a whitelist. This way, you can allow certain sites or content to bypass the ad blocking filter, so you can still see ads on certain websites that you don’t want ads to stop showing. We would be pleased if Techgindia.com was included in your white list.