If you own an iPhone and also have a Windows laptop or desktop computer, we have good news for you. The belief that iPhones do not work well with Windows PCs is now history. Because Microsoft has added new iPhone functions to the Phone Link app in Windows 11. This app is a built-in app that helps you bring your phone closer to your PC. While it traditionally only worked well with Android devices, it now lets you see your iMessages and SMS messages on your iPhone in Windows, make calls, view your contacts, and more. If you want to use it, we explain in this article how you can install the Windows Phone Connection application with iPhone.
How to setup Windows Phone Connection with iPhone?
- First, go to Microsoft Store.
- Search for the Phone Connection app.
- Click the most relevant result and then click the Update button.
- Once the app is updated, launch it.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Windows 11 PC, press Windows Key + A and click the Bluetooth icon in Quick Settings.
- Select iPhone on the start screen.
- Pair your iPhone with Windows 11 via Bluetooth by following the on-screen instructions in the Phone Connection app.
- When prompted, scan the QR code and verify that the codes match.
- Grant additional permissions on your iPhone as directed in the Phone Connection app.
- When pairing is complete, click Calls to make a call from your PC. Click Messages and then start a new message by clicking the notebook icon at the top of the app. You will also see Notifications on the left side of the app.
You are now done accessing Phone Link for iPhone. For now, the functionality of the application remains somewhat limited. You can’t send pictures via iMessage or SMS, and any messages you’ll see in Phone Connection will be messages you initiated on your PC, nor can you join or send group messages from your PC. Microsoft states that it is constantly working to improve Phone Link, and you may see more functionality over time.
Regardless, this innovation will help iPhone users experience a more seamless integration with their Windows 11 PCs. Especially for those who like to use more than one device, it will be a great convenience if their iPhones and Windows computers are more compatible. Being able to access iPhone messages and calls from your computer will increase productivity and make life simpler.