A Machine with thinking capabilities enhances the life of an Individual or a system. How do computers abilities compare to that of Humans, how can we differentiate them. Google Assistant in Android phones made the dream of AI in your pocket more realistic approach, a voice command of yours is analyzed and the solution is suggested by the AI Enabled software. Be it from NEET 2018 Results to your favourite TV shows. An Intelligent system can do so many stuffs better than a human can like
- Adding a lakh six-digit numbers
- Drawing complex, 3D sketches
- Store huge amounts of data
Artificial Intelligence is a study of systems that try to achieve and apply Intelligence of human mind in computers. An English Mathematician named Alan Turing in 1950 wrote a paper in the name Computing Machinery and Intelligence hat put forward the question “Can Machines think”. He further developed a test in the name Turing test to assess if a computer is Intelligent or not. An Interviewer interviews a machine and a human simultaneously but the interviewer is not informed of which one is a system and a human. If the Interviewer is unable to distinguish between them two and identify which one is human or a machine, then the system is supposed to be enabled with Artificial Intelligence. In terms of education, engineering students who have applied for JEE Main, In future AI bots will be issuing JEE Main Admit card to students.
Artificial Neural Network is another major breakthrough in the field of Artificial Intelligence. Artificial Neural Network or ANN is a replica mimicking the neural networks of the human body. Parts of a Neural Network
- Neurons: Single cell that conducts and transfers a chemical based electronic signals in the form of impulses. Neuron is in either Excited or Inhibited state. If the neuron is in excited state those neurons conducts a strong signal and in Inhibited state neuron conducts weak signal.
- A biological Neuron has multiple input branches called dendrites and one primary output branch called an Axon.
- The gap between an axon and a dendrite is called synapse.
- Each processing element in an artificial neural net is analogous to a biological neuron
- An element accepts a certain number of input values (dendrites) and produces a single output value (axon) of either 0 or 1
- Associated with each input value is a numeric weight (synapse)
- The process of adjusting the weights and threshold values in a neural net is called training
- A neural net can presumably be trained to produce whatever results are required
- But think about the complexity of this! Train a computer to recognize any cat in a picture, based on training run with several pictures.
What we have discussed above doesn’t even cover the basics of Artificial Intelligence or AI, it is just an overlook into what AI consists of. AI is getting Introduced into anything and everything we use in our day to day life. AI is introduced in processors of smartphones by the brand Honor and plans are there to introduce them in Laptops. AI is also being enabled in home and industrial automation, they are also introduced in automobiles recently.